Sunday, November 13, 2005

I am unpacking this sentence. Yes I am.

I'm coming to the tail end of grad school apps. Only a couple of things to worry about: GRE's and the applications themselves. Strangely, it's the latter, not the former, that worry me. I usually do pretty well on standardized tests, just so long as I'm pretty familiar with the material. Though I should be studying more. But I dread, dread, having to wade through the tedium of filling out applications, having transcripts sent, making the tiny but, from what I'm told, necessary tweaks to my personal statement. Writing 15-page papers? No sweat. Calling back the electric company? Kill me.

Writing is easy by comparison because the task is so immense: it's impossible to ignore. When I'm in "writing" mode, I end up constantly preoccupied with the piece, always thinking about it. In effect, always writing. Things like paying bills, though, comparatively easy thing (as long as you have the money) seem impossible. They have a tendency to recede into the background to the point that they become unnoticeable, and I forget about them.
Whatever I'm writing will turn out pretty well, but all of my bills will be overdue. Gosh, it's all so frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home