Thursday, November 03, 2005

Appropriate My Ennui!!!!!!

I thought about writing this totally long post that was monotonous and exhausting, in which I explicitly avoided the themes of monotony and exhaustion, while always hinting towards them, so that by the end of the post you woud look back and be like, "Whoa, dood. At first I though that post was about laundry and verbs, but it turns out it was about monotony and exhaustion. It turns out that by not communicating his feeling of always being exhausted (by a new temp gig) and of feeling like his life is just a series of endlessly deferred obligations (or the "differance of the [n]everyday" for all [two] of you loyal academics and academixtresses [by the way, Academixtress would be a totally good DJ name for a Ph.d. who spins L'il Kim and Morton Subotnick mash-ups, or finds the break beats in Varese's Ionisation (and it's my idea, so fuck right off, all plagiarizing my blog and shit - same goes for that "differance of the [n]everyday" line)]), he has actually succeeded in communicating just such a notion! Pardon me while I wipe down my now-befouled Blackberry!"

But instead I wrote a really long sentence with intentionally confusing punctuation, and "apologized" for not writing in my blog as much due to my having a new temp gig, and being too tired to drag my ass to the internet cafe down the street every night. (But apparently not too tired to drink too many 25-cent beers every Tuesday.)

Anyways, the internet gets installed on Saturday morning while I am at work. ("Work on a Saturday? The hell, you say!" But it's true - Chicago needs fancy reprints of its newspapers, and its yearning does not have a weekend. Therefore, I don't either.) This means: a) No more hauling my brick of a fucking laptop around unless I really want to, and b) Probably some boring blog entries about how I should get rid of the matresses that are propped up against my bedroom wall. Maybe with all of that leisure time to sit and think, I'll even figure out what this blog is about.

In fact, that last thought has given birth, perhaps prematurely, to an idea. EVERYBODY COMMENT ON THIS POST WITH WHAT YOU THINK THIS BLOG IS ABOUT AND/OR WHAT IT SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!!!!

And now, this awesome picture, apparently taken at a bar mitzvah. Or a quinceanera.


4 Comments:

Blogger Catfish Vegas said...

I think it should be all about 25-cent beer night.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would second that....but i know for a fact that your 25 cent beer night tops out at 10 p.m.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

I thought the point of this blog was to keep you from masturbating. Apparently, it's not working out so well.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should be about the ladies.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home