Thursday, October 20, 2005

I am an American Aquarium Drinker

Hearing "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" in a Chicago coffee shop is like hearing:

"Hey, you. Yeah, the yuppie who makes 60K a year, yet can somehow afford to hang out here for hours every afternoon. Isn't Wilco AMAZING?"

Don't get me wrong: I like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot as much as the next guy who likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, but it does seem like a bit of a congratulatory pat on the back for aging but usta-be-hip new parents. They look at each other, smile, and nod like "Yeah, babe. We still got it." It's that "challenging" album you can put on without offending anyone.

And, despite what anybody says, A Ghost is Born is subpar in its peaks and stab-worthy in its valleys. Yet great reviews all around because it's Wilco, man, fucking saviors of rock and roll come to save us from everything we need saving from!

Okay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Such anger!

Do you have any non-dairy creamer? Can I pay for that with my credit card?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home