Thursday, October 13, 2005

Abscond! Avoiding PRC

A quick gloss will show a puzzling topography on this word map. Abstract? Without a doubt. In opposition to basic jazz guitar harmony, a fifth is usually tough to avoid. I savor a fight, though. This constraint (first put down in long-form in a work by Wright that abducts its honorific from F. Scott's only titular protagonist) is akin to stocking a bank vault with only $1's, $2's, $10's, $20's, $100's, and also British Pounds, Tunisian Dinars, Botswanan Pulas, and Ugandan Schillings, but nothing from Japan or Russia or Brazil or Uruguay. Lincoln lifts his own chains, absconds from his prison, ducks a guard, and out into a murky night. It was a job run from within our organization, and I am that culprit, a fall guy giving aid to a bunch of Lincolns, still playing dumb for bossman upstairs. Our aging patriarch knows what's missing, but hasn't a notion how to find it. And I won't talk.

My own burglary, in this writing, is blatant. I confirm my humiliation at my lack of originality. My tonal modulation is nil and my vox is loyal to a bard of OuLiPo. Sorry. I purloin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home